Errol Milner Clifford 2006-2009

Errol Milner Clifford was born with a significant heart defect and a cognitive disability that prevented him from walking or talking. As we grieved the child we had anticipated, Errol’s full-bodied smile and irrepressible laugh turned our sorrow into joy, and taught us that many of the best things in life are unexpected. Inspired by Errol’s delightful spirit, friends, family, and neighbors rallied to support our family’s significant emotional, physical, and financial needs, through countless acts of selfless generosity. When Errol’s courageous heart finally failed him on December 23, 2009 we were left numb with grief. In these dark hours we listen hopefully for the echoes of Errol’s brilliant laugh. This blog is the story (starting from present and working back to Errol's birth) of the life and times of the amazing Errol Clifford.


Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Summer 2009 Errol Clapping

















We miss our sweet boy so much.
He died two months ago, today.
Here is a picture of Errol from last summer.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Errol's picture hangs on our refrigerator as our daily joy. We treasure his smile and his spirit, and we think of you, Cary, and Owen often. Much love and warm hugs, Jen & Jen

Marigene said...

Jonathan and Cary,

Daily I think of you and yours. I send you much love and healing energy for your journey of grief. I believe in you.

peace and love, marigene

Stephanie Brown said...

Errol's photo is over my desk. He is never far from my thoughts.

Lots of love to you all.

Casey said...

I was just thinking about Errol today! Just wanted to check in on his blog and let you guys know I was still thinking of you two!

Sincerely,
Casey Saylor

Unknown said...

We miss him too. What a smile!

andrea gardiner freeman said...

I think of you all daily as part of my morning "meditation". The journey through healing is unimaginable. I look at my boys and remember to hug them tighter, with more purpose and Yes.

Thank you Errol for teaching us to be more in the now.

Thank you Jonathan, Cary and Owen for sharing your journey with us.

much love and hopes for spring breezes.

~andrea

Anonymous said...

Errol's friends still talk about him. They are so sweet when they say that Errol grew wings and flew up to heaven. We all miss his smile and his many,many beautiful songs. Our little class is once again dealing with a classmate that is very sick. It has brought back so many memories of that time with our sweet Errol. Keep smiling down on us Errol to help what seem to be such dark days feel brighter. I still think of you all often and continue to keep you in my prayers. Please visit!!! Love to you all!

Ms. Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Errol has a special place on my corkboard, and when I start feeling low on life his shining smile always lifts me up.

Thank you, Errol.

Sending love to all of you!

Anonymous said...

i too have errol's photo on my fridge. so every day i am reminded of all the joy that precious child shared. please know that you 3 are thought of often.