Errol Milner Clifford 2006-2009

Errol Milner Clifford was born with a significant heart defect and a cognitive disability that prevented him from walking or talking. As we grieved the child we had anticipated, Errol’s full-bodied smile and irrepressible laugh turned our sorrow into joy, and taught us that many of the best things in life are unexpected. Inspired by Errol’s delightful spirit, friends, family, and neighbors rallied to support our family’s significant emotional, physical, and financial needs, through countless acts of selfless generosity. When Errol’s courageous heart finally failed him on December 23, 2009 we were left numb with grief. In these dark hours we listen hopefully for the echoes of Errol’s brilliant laugh. This blog is the story (starting from present and working back to Errol's birth) of the life and times of the amazing Errol Clifford.


Friday, October 30, 2009

Back in the Hospital


Errol is back in the hospital, this time at Duke Medical Center.
He's been diagnosed with
endocarditis.
He's in pretty bad shape but he should come out of this just fine.
We'll be in the hospital at Duke for a week. We just got the diagnosis and don't even have a room assignment yet.
We'll try to keep you updated on Errol's progress.
Poor Errol. Life is not fair.

9 comments:

Rosalind said...

Life is not fair....we are thinking of you!

pbgavlik said...

OMG...my sweet boy has been through the ringer.... please give him a hug and a kiss for me...I will say a special prayer for him (and all of you)
xoxo
Ms Paula

Wakeford said...

Sweet Errol! Feel better soon, bud.

Ms. Jennifer said...

Hey Guys,

I am so sorry to hear about my little Errol. I know he will get the best care at Duke. Please give him a hug and kiss from me and take care of yourselves. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Love to you all!
Ms. Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I was so upset when I heard about Errol, my whole family is praying for him! Please give him a hug from me. :]

I wish my nickname was real so I could do something.

-Superhero

andrea said...

Errol you have so many super powers. Which ones will you use this time. You are an amazing story teller Errol thanks for teaching us to take life with always a smile.

~andrea and zoo

Anonymous said...

Errol's sweet smile--and that of his mama, dad and brother--is emblazoned on our hearts. Sending love and hugs and prayers your way.

--Ruthie and Ben

Paula S. said...

Hugs and kisses for our boy. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I miss your beautiful smile - get better soon. Lots of love for you, Mom & Dad and Owen.

Unknown said...

God Bless you Cary and Jonathan. I am keeping you in my prayers I'll keep in touch from time to time. I love you and take care of the boys. Be Blessed.
Felecia Bennett-Giles