Errol Milner Clifford 2006-2009

Errol Milner Clifford was born with a significant heart defect and a cognitive disability that prevented him from walking or talking. As we grieved the child we had anticipated, Errol’s full-bodied smile and irrepressible laugh turned our sorrow into joy, and taught us that many of the best things in life are unexpected. Inspired by Errol’s delightful spirit, friends, family, and neighbors rallied to support our family’s significant emotional, physical, and financial needs, through countless acts of selfless generosity. When Errol’s courageous heart finally failed him on December 23, 2009 we were left numb with grief. In these dark hours we listen hopefully for the echoes of Errol’s brilliant laugh. This blog is the story (starting from present and working back to Errol's birth) of the life and times of the amazing Errol Clifford.


Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Homeward Bound



RIng them bells!

Errol is headed home!

Thank you all for surrounding our little family with so much love and kindness.

We are so excited to take our beloved Errol home!

10 comments:

Molly and Doug Davis said...

What wonderful news! Go Errol Go! The offer of a meal any time still stands. PLEASE call us-- we want to help.

Hugs to all,

Molly and Doug

Rosalind said...

YEAH!!!!!!

Katherine said...

What fabulous news!! I'm so excited for your family, Errol! We will have ice cream sundaes in your honor!

Wakeford said...

omg!!!!!

wait a minute . . . Errol told me I could have free reign over his toys for at least a month. Do I have to bring them back now?

Can't wait to see that dude, compare scars, etc. What a champ!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY FOR ERROL!!!!!!!!

Ms. Jennifer said...

Errol, I knew you could do it! Stay strong and keep smiling. There is nothing like home sweet home to help us feel better. Love to all!
Ms. Jennifer

Marigene said...

Dear Jonathan, Cary, and Owen,

What wonderful news! The angels have been watching over Errol and speeding his recovery. This is such a blessing, and we are very happy to hear of it.

The focus is, naturally, on Errol. But I send loving vibes for rest for you all - esp. Cary, and Jonathan.

Owen, you are a V.I.P. - that is Very Important Person. In fact, I'd say you are THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE OF ALL to your brother. I know you will have a lot of fun with him soon, and he will be so glad to be home playing with you!

Much love,
Marigene

teresa said...

This is Teresa Hicks. I think my therapy dog, Nike and I visited Errol today. A friend sent me the link to this page not knowing our paths would cross today. I recogized Errol's beautiful photos. I am so glad Errol is going home. He is a great young man and he has a wonderful mom and dad! Love and blessings to you all

PaulaG said...

HOORAY!!! That is exciting news...Keep up the good work, Errol and please don't over do it. I know it is nice to have him home. Love ya all, Ms Paula

Anonymous said...

We are a little late here, but....
HOORAY for Errol!! And hooray for Mom, Dad, and Owen! So glad you are home.

from the Becks